Saturday, June 27, 2009

TUF Season 10

The return of the heavyweights on the Ultimate Fighter begins on September 16, 2009. These giants will be coached by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad Evans. Being the coaches have a huge rivalry going on makes season 10 that much more exciting to watch. This started in the cage after Rampage's victory over Keith Jardine, Evans teammate, at UFC 96. Exchanging competitive words face to face will sure get feelings hurt and spirits fired up. But wait, there's more! Kimbo Slice will be one of 16 competitors fighting for a six figure contract with the UFC. Many harsh words have been said of Kimbo from UFC President Dana White. One I always crack up on is when he said Kimbo would get murded by lightweight champion BJ Penn. Anyways, Kimbo is taking it serious to come out as the next TUF champion. Does this season have all the ingredients to be one of the best TUF seasons ever? Definitely. Will Kimbo win the contract? I don't think he will. He's a decent fighter in my opinion and will improve while in the house, but I don't think he will pull it off. I think that if Seth Petruzelli, former TUF 2 alum, dropped Kimbo at EliteXC: Heat last October then he will get dropped again. This time by a true heavyweight. (Remember Petruzelli stepped into their fight at 205 pounds while Kimbo weighed in at around 235 pounds.) I guess we will find out this coming fall. I'll tell you what. If Kimbo does somehow win it all then I guess I'll eat my words!


No comments:

Post a Comment